Run Away . . . .





. . . with me. Board a plane, a bus, jump on a Harley, run down the road. Just come with me, please. Wherever that is. Anywhere besides here. 

HERE is too . . . 

          . . . . familiar . . . . 

              . . . . confining . . . . .

                  . . . . stunted . . . . 

I'm in desperate need of some Miracle-Gro in my life. 

Quick sprinkle and watch it bloom . . . . 

Come with me. Meet me in the middle, meet me at the end. Wrap your arms around, soft kisses behind my ear, words meant for just me. Tell me running is okay. 

Running away from is sometimes the easiest way to run towards something else. Just run with me, please.

Don't stay behind and wish me luck. Come with me and be my lucky charm. Sleep under the stars with me, my head on your chest, hearing the beating of your heart, my fingers finding that perfect spot where two heartbeats become one.

Stay silent as I speak of all I want to run towards. Run your fingers through my hair,plant a kiss on my forehead and tell me it's all for the best. 

Don't send me letters, be there with me to sign the postcards we'll send to those who stayed behind. 

Don't be my reason for running; be my partner in this adventure they call Life.

Life . . . sigh. I've waited too long to begin mine. Begin one with me. 

Please, don't beg me to make sense. I want to make no sense, for the first time. 

Dine with me in new places, sleep in strange beds, explore new shops. 

Plan to come with me and live with no plan. 

I only need a pass, permission and a kiss. 

     . . . . and a hand holding on to mine as I let go. 

Please, come with me as I run away. Make your kisses be a kiss of hello, not goodbye. A woman knows the kiss of goodbye. 

     . . . .lingering, softer, not quite as passionate. 

Don't make me know the difference.

Walk into the unknown and tell me you couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

Stay with me until the leaves fall, the warmth is gone . . . only then can you kiss me goodbye . . . until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment